HOW CAN I CONVINCE MY BOSS?
"The only thing worse than training your employees and having them leave is not training them and having them stay."
— Henry Ford, Founder, Ford Motor Company
You’re ready to expand your mindset, gather tools, insights, and inspiration to help your organization grow and thrive with Agile and Scrum. The next step is to convince your boss to send you to the next Global Scrum Gathering.
To bolster your confidence, here are some tips to tell your boss to reinforce your case.
- Before you approach your boss, be prepared to present your goals, plans, and cost estimates.
- At the top level, highlight a company goal, initiative, or perhaps some impediments that the organization is having to deal with.
- Study the Gathering program and identify 3-4 sessions that tie those thoughts together with what you plan to learn from attending a keynote presentation, coaching session, or just the chance to ask an expert. The #SGAUS19 program is broken out into eight dedicated tracks:
- Map out an agenda that lists the sessions your plan to attend and the speakers you hope to talk to.
- Lastly, spell out the estimated cost to attend.
How can I convince my boss to send me to Global Scrum Gathering Austin?